1. Concept Furniture Hire (hereinafter called “the company”) supplies goods on hire only on the following terms and conditions and will not accept or be bound by other conditions.
2. The Hirer shall prior to commencement of hire pay the full amount to the company in the sum specified in the document of hire as security for the performance of the Hirer’s obligations hereunder. Account customers exempt.
3. The period of hire shall commence at the time when delivery of each item comprised in the requisition is effected in the manner and to the person, destination or site indicated by the Hirer in the requisition.
4. It is the duty of the Hirer to provide at such destination or site a duly authorised representative to accept the good and to give a written receipt. If the Hirer fails to provide for this, he will not be permitted to dispute subsequently the facts of the delivery and these conditions.
5. The Hirer undertakes to keep the hired goods in good order and condition and to return all of them to the Company in such order and condition.
6. During the period of hire the Hirer is sole responsible for the hired goods and must insure against all risks
7. It is the duty of the Hirer to provide at the site of hire a duly authorised representative to sign a written confirmation of the items returns to the Company on termination of Hire. If the Hirer fails to provide for this he will not be permitted to dispute subsequently the number and/or condition of the goods returned to the Company on termination of hire.
8. The period of hire ends only when the company has accepted each item comprised in the requisition in writing.
9. It is the responsibility of all Hirers to ensure that all equipment should be emptied of personal belongings, as no responsibility can be accepted for their safe custody.
10. The Company will make every endeavour to effect delivery and collection of hired items at the time indicated by the Hirer by will not under any circumstance be liable for any delay in delivery or collection or for failure to deliver or collect nor for any expense caused to the hirer by such delay.
11. Instructions of the hirer (different from those on the requisition) cannot be carried out, unless given in writing to the Company’s Head Office 14 Days proir to action required and accepted by the Company in writing.
12. If the Hirer fails to return any goods hired by him at the end of the agreed period of hire or within seven days from the Company making written demand, the Hirer hall pay to the company the current replacement of the cost of the items, which have not been returns. Should payment in full not be received within 14 days from the date of invoice, the hirer shall be liable to pay, in additions, a loss of hire charge not exceeding 15% per day of the replacement cost of the lost items.
13. The Company are only hiring out goods and will under no circumstances sell any hired items to the hirer
14. Transport is negotiable according to the venue.
15. For non-account customers, 100% of the agreed price must be forwarded with the hire’s order, cheques made payable to Concept Furniture International Ltd.
16. Fourteen days notice in writing to the Company before hire commencement of a cancellation is required to avoid a full rate charge for the whole of the hire period.
17. Any complaints that may arise must be submitted in writing during the open period of an exhibition/event. This will ensure that they are fully investigated on site.
18. The prices shown in the price list are for the duration of an exhibition. Longer hire periods of an exhibition/event. This will ensure that they are fully investigated on site.
19. The prices shown in the price list are for the duration of an exhibition. Longer hire periods, events and overseas exhibitions are negotiable. VAT is payable at the prevailing rate on all charges.
20. Interest at four per cent above Irish Allied Bank plc base will be charged on all overdue invoices.
21. The Hirer may not assign the benefit of the Hire Agreement without the permission of the company.
22. Payment made by foreign cheque incurs an additional charge of £25.00. Payment made by bank transfer incurs an additional charge of £12.00
23. These terms and conditions shall be governed and constructed and shall take effect in accordance with the Laws of England and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
24. The Company reserves the right to alter ranges, specifications and prices of any products offered for hire in the catalogue and all are offered for hire subject to availability and the Company shall not be bound by any order placed by the hirer until it has notified the hirer in writing of its acceptance.